It’s been more than 16 years since first NYPD Pizza neighborhood restaurant opened. Locally-owned and operated by Richard Stark, CEO, NYPD has served more than 2.5 million pizzas. NYPD Pizza’s recipes have been handed down by three generations. Although their Family Kitchens are located in the desert, the water is produced with a special New York water filtration system that makes the signature crust taste extra chewy and crunchy. NYPD only uses vine ripened tomatoes and exclusive cheese blends imported from Wisconsin and California. NYPD Pizza won the 2012 and 2011 Phoenix New Times Readers’ Choice award for “Best Slice” and was named “Best Italian” at TASTE Chandler’s Culinary Festival 2011.
Local candidates only.
Account Analyst/Clerk (N. Scottsdale only)
- Perform the day to day processing of restaurant transactions to ensure that data is reported in a timely and accurate manner, including:
- Compile and sort documents, such as coupons, receipts and invoices, substantiating business transactions
- Verify and post details of restaurant transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, sales and labor to the financial system or computer spreadsheets
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare and distribute weekly cash over/short report
- Provide excellent customer support to restaurant management and team members, vendors, and guests by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, etc.
- Audits invoices, researches discrepancies and obtains approval for payment
- Reconcile credit card statements and bank statements; report and correct discrepancies
- Review, balance and interpret computer reports, and make corrections if necessary
- Prepare or review monthly sales tax filing
- Input new hires and terminations into HR system
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll accurate and timely manner
- Record accounts payable and cash account activities
- Assist in period-end and year-end close activities
- Prepare annual 1099s
- Prepare account analysis of accrued/prepaid expense, gift card liability, etc.
- Assist in other special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly desired or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience with current working knowledge of maintaining corporate financial records; must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Must have experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains), Quickbooks or similar financial software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software; strong computer skills, including the ability to operate accounting functions, spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail
- Intermediate Excel proficiency (i.e. graphs; formulas)
- Exceptional attention to detail with no tolerance for financial errors
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; deadline oriented
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Team orientated, but possesses the ability to work independently